dinsdag 25 juni 2013


Inspired Design Challenge No. 2 - Spring Hyacinth
 Lori Bergmann is the great organiser of another (for me) new Challenge,
thank you  so much Lori. Her biweekly Challenge is 'defiant',
and I’ll try to participate as often as possible. It’s fun!
When looking at her photo I got touched  by the very intense colours
of this beautiful hyacinth, I could almost smell it! Every year when seeing this flower,
I  know it soon will be springtime with hopefully ☼ lots of sunshine…

My contribution is a simple one, a bracelet in hyacinth-‘ish’ colours,
the 2 glass beads are made by me. The blue kyanite beads are going so well
with the colours of the hyacinth, that was my first thought when searching
for beads in my stash! 

I added some Shell Pearls, Abalone, rough Lapis Lazuli
chunks and Montana Rock Crystal beads. The green colours you find
in the glass beads and in the Abalone charms.
In Greek Mythology there is a story about Hyacinthus,
just follow the link  if you like to read it...

 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyacinth_(mythology)

Enjoy!
Click to enlarge :-)
 
 

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I love how your beautiful bracelet interprets the hyacinth colors, Dini! Thank you so much for joining in the fun of my Challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing more of you wonderful work! *Ü*

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thanx Lori, it was fun. Let's wait and see how you're going to ♥inspire 'us' the next time :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh, Dini! I'm in love -- gorgeous hyacinth design! The kyanite, lapis, shells, pearls and your art lampwork are perfect, the bracelet is splendid.

    I am so impressed, and could look at your jewelry all day long....

    Love,
    Rita

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen