vrijdag 31 mei 2013



The Jewellery Maker by Gyula Tornai. Source Wikimedia.
 




  ✿❀ Thank you so much Leah, for organizing this great Blog Hop!!!   ✿❀  

I've always been interested in history, and Celts were a part of that... Thinking of Celts,
I have a picture in my mind of hard working people, strong women,
sturdy warriors, bronze, symbols, beautiful jewellery and lovely patterns.
Two of my favourites are spirals and knots.
 
Click on the picture to enlarge

I decided to design a bracelet and a pair of earrings for this hop...

I made 5 glass beads with Celtic inspired designs and added a lot of bronze :-) coloured charms.
The little spirals are inked. The earrings I made  with the Big Kick machine and deco etched
bronze blanks, I added a knot charm for the finishing touch, it's all inked too...
It was great fun, working on this jewellery!

✿❀ ✿❀  ✿❀
 
Enjoy the work of all the other participants :-) here's the list!
 
 
Leah Curtis - Indus Valley - beadyeyedbunny.blogspot.co.uk
Laney Mead - Māori - laney-izzybeads.blogspot.co.uk
Becca - Art Nouveau - godsartistinresidence.blogspot.com
Melissa - English Romanticism and Mourning Jewelry - beadrecipes.wordpress.com
Tracy Stillman - Native American - tracystillmandesigns.com
Gerda - English Romanticism and Mourning Jewelry - gerdascraftsblog.blogspot.com
Liz E - Native North American - beadcontagion.blogspot.com
Ahowin - Māori (New Zealand)  - blog.ahowinjewelry.com 
Jasvanti - Indus Valley - jewelrybyjasvanti.blogspot.com
Lizzie - Art Nouveau - theneedtobead.blogspot.co.uk
Julia Hay - Merovingian - pandanimal.blogspot.co.uk
here you are - Dini Bruinsma - Celtic - angazabychanges.blogspot.nl
Caroline - Art Nouveau - blueberribeads.co.uk 
Charlie - Moche of Peru - clay-space.com/blog
Niky Sayers - Rome - silverniknats.blogspot.com
Marcia Dunne - Celtic and Mourning Jewelry - thealternativefoundry.blogspot.co.uk
anafiassa - Mesopotamia - anafiassa.blogspot.com
Kokopelli - Native American - kokopellidesign.blogspot.com
Christa - Native American - adventuresofwonebeadywoman.blogspot.com
Susan Bowie - Native American - susanbowie.wordpress.com
Gloria Allen - English Romanticism - gloriaallendesigns.blogspot.com
Sheila Garrett - Early Russia - 4brownowl.blogspot.co.uk 

17 opmerkingen:

  1. That is just amazing Dini!!! Really beautiful. i love Celtic jewelry and all the swirls and knots and the continuity, the everlasting-ness of the designs!! Great Job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Great designs - they look so Celtic but lovely enough for modern day 'warriors' to enjoy wearing too :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Amazing and beautiful lampwork. I love the blend of colours too

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Lovely work! How did you get the pattern on the glass beads? Is that a stamp that creates the celtic cross?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. That's a beautiful set, I love those knot beads!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Great necklace and earrings!!! I was very tempted to pick Celtic culture. You did a wonderful job :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Lovely, lovely work! I love those deep, rich colors... Wonderful job! :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I absolutely like what you did. You created a set that is so well designed. It blows my mind. So far my favorite blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Your handmade beads and your designs are exquisite! What more can I say? Have a great weekend. Ana

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Beautiful set, love the Celtic pattern-inspired beads you made, they are just right!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Your bracelet is stunning - and I am even more impressed to hear that you made the celtic beads yourself. Amazing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Thank you all so much♥ for your sweet♥ comments!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Celtic art is one of my favorites! I use a lot of symbols and knotwork in my work. Lovely beads you made and a great piece of jewelry.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen