maandag 16 september 2013


Kristi Bowman’s Wonky Bead Blog Hop  - Reveal Date September 16


 Wow, it took my wonkies -made by Kristi and here is 
 her Etsy shop - only a few days to travel from
Snohomish (US) to the Netherlands. The postman made me very happy
with the delivery only 6 days after my order.
Are they special… and wonky
J
. They are characterful  and don’t need

much additions. At least not in the way I want to design the jewellery.
3 Pieces, that’s my goal! The beads speak for themselves,
they just need a little ‘something’.
Since the beginning of September I’m  ‘playing’ with stainless steel wire,
it’s so much fun. Some parts of the jewellery are hammered.
To my first piece -Berries & Cream- I added some Agate, Rose Quartz,
Beryl, a little Ruby, Crystal and a Fresh Water Pearl. This necklace is mine,
and will go very well with my lbd with its pink accents!
click to enlarge
In the second piece I worked with the gold coloured and the
fuchsia coloured bead, still on my beading table after having finished piece nr. 3.
What to do with them? Well… with the Agate beads I suddenly had a bouquet
of Autumn Roses ;-) the wired Rose clasp is the finishing touch!
click to enlarge
Tetouan was 'a piece of cake', blue, brown and a chocolate brown silk ribbon,
no doubt about that colour combination. A lot of wirework, but the bronze

wire was not that difficult to work with.
 click to enlarge

So, Kristi, thanks to you I had a great time! Thanx♥ for organizing the Hop.

Let's wait and see the creations of the other participants  :-)
Click here...  the link is active until the 21st of Sept.

11 opmerkingen:

  1. Beautiful Dini!!! I especially love what you did with the button, love the wire wrapping. Thanks so much for playing along!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The pieces you created are wonderful! Your designs show off your skill with wire, and Kristi's beads in a fresh and innovate way. Well done!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love all three of you beautiful pieces, but the Berries and cream is my favorite. You did a great job with your wonky beads.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Three very beautiful pieces! I love the agate beads in the first two, and the ribbon in the last piece. Wonderful use of Kristi's beads!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Those are all lovely. I love how the pearls and gemstones add to Kristi's beads. The wirework on the last on is amazing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. All 3 are great pieces. I love all your wire wrapping in the last piece, Tetouan. My favorite piece is the second one, Autumn Roses with the Rose wire-wrapped clasp. I don't think I've seen that before, but I love it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wonderful pieces, but I really love the last piece, with that fantastic wire-wrapping around the wonky bead and the lovely colour combination!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I love the way you have added those rustic beads in your pieces to create some very elegant jewellery. Beautiful pieces.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Wow, Dini! I love all three pieces. My favorite is the last one, with the beautiful wirework. I love how you added the pretty pearls to the first piece.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Gorgeous pieces. I think that Berries and Cream is my favourite though. I'll have to try stainless steel wire, it looks great!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen